Day three was tough. I found myself thinking about cigarettes/smoking every time I took a break at work. I tried to just walk and did some shopping during my lunch hour. Bought myself a few cool things I haven't been able to afford for awhile, with cigs being almost 8 bucks a pack. That felt pretty good actually.
I ended up skipping my afternoon break and just working through it. The hard part was at five pm. I hopped into Polly's car and she was smoking. I had told her not to stop smoking around me as I needed to deal with all my triggers. It was a little rough, but we chatted quite a bit and I soon forgot I needed a smoke.
At home last night was rough. My husband is still smoking until he's sure I am serious this time. He seems to be realizing thats the case. In the meantime, I had lots of thoughts about wanting a cigarette. Interestingly, it was less about smelling his smoke or seeing him smoke, but more about me being in different situations in which I really wanted a smoke.
It's amazing how much we train our brain (or should I say nicotine does) to desire cigarettes at certain times/events.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment